Tuesday 10 July 2012

Nazinga

Nazinga Ranch is a "national park which covers 94,000 hectares and contains 20,000 animals".  To get there you have to drive for one hour on, what felt like, the world's bumpiest road - including flooded sections like the one you see below.  Because of the recent rains, most people we talked to here were sceptical that we would see any elephants on this particular visit.  Since water was everywhere, they would not be coming to the waterhole (where they are usually seen).

But we totally lucked out!  We saw 2 small elephant herds, with their babies, and 3 lone bulls.  And they were so close to our truck!!!!  It was awesome!  I have never seen a group of elephants before - I've only seen them as lone zoo attractions.  Only males are ever alone in the wild.  Also, did you know African elephants are black?  I thought they were all grey, but apparently this is because of they mud coating which protects them from flies.  I wish I had a mud coating - these bugs just love me.  It's not really a reciprocated feeling though.








Protecting the babies







1 comment:

  1. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete