Sunday 8 July 2012

Catch a Croc by its Tail

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is a real crocodile!  It is alive and snapping.  It took a little while to work up the courage to do it....but I was assured that it does not eat people.  According to village lore, these crocodiles are the reincarnation of their ancestors, and that is why they never eat people.  The village children swim in these waters, and they report that no one has ever been attacked.  Although, when the water rises they do venture into the village and break into the chicken coops.  
My theory is that they feed the crocs so many chickens on a regular basis, and have done so for so many generations, that these croc are somewhat domesticated.  But it didn't really want to test my theory and venture any closer to that mouth!



3 comments:

  1. Wow, he's a big fella you're a brave lady. I just love following your adventures in Burkina, the next best thing to being there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog! I am have a great time on this adventure and I am happy to share it with you.

      Delete
  2. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete