Wednesday 23 May 2012

Looking for Buckets and Broomsticks

We had our Bake Sale last Thursday.  Sadly, I was not there to witness the frenzy caused by the sale of sugar in its various forms (I was at the Forest of Reading awards ceremony on the Harbourfront).   Ms. Kye did an amazing job of keeping everything organized and running smoothly!   I am still waiting to get pictures of the event and do a final count of the money - hopefully I will be able to post more details on Friday....

But on to the BUCKETS! 
 
On June 8th we will be doing our Water Walk fundraiser.  This is where teams of 4-5 students get pledges to walk around our field with 2 buckets of water, as an act of solidarity for all the women and children who have to carry water to use in their homes.  But in order for this to happen, we need about 10-20 buckets and about 5-10 broomsticks.  (Broomsticks allow 2 students to carry the weight of 1 bucket).

We are not asking that you give these items, just LEND them to us for the day.  I promise they will be returned back to you.  Let me know if you can help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment